- Strive at all times to serve the best interests of the association as a whole regardless of their personal interests.
- Use sound judgment to make the best possible business decisions for the association, taking into consideration all available information, circumstances and resources.
- Act within the boundaries of their authority as defined by law and the governing documents of the association.
- Provide opportunities for homeowners to comment on decisions facing the association.
- Perform their duties without bias for or against any individual or group of homeowners or residents.
- Disclose personal or professional relationships with any company or individual who has or is seeking to have a business relationship with the association.
- Conduct open, fair and well-publicized elections.
- Always speak with one voice, supporting all duly adopted board decisions.
Board members should not:
- Advocate or support any action that violates a law or regulatory requirement.
- Reveal confidential information provided by contractors or share information with those bidding for association contracts unless specifically authorized by the board.
- Make unauthorized promises to a contractor or bidder.
- Use their positions or decision-making authority for personal gain or to seek advantage over another owner or resident.
- Spend unauthorized association funds for their own personal use or benefit.
- Accept any gifts—directly or indirectly—from homeowners, residents, contractors or suppliers other than gifts from friends.
- Misrepresent known facts in any issue involving association business.
- Divulge personal information about any association owner, resident or employee that was obtained in the performance of board duties.
- Make personal attacks on colleagues, staff, homeowners, or residents.
- Harass, threaten or attempt through any means to control or instill fear in any board member, owner, resident, employee or contractor.
- Reveal to any owner, resident or other third party the discussions, decisions and comments made at any meeting of the board properly closed or held in executive session.
Post a Comment