Our community is governed by the Lakeport Cluster Association (LCA) with a set of regulations, standards, and governing documents, some from LCA and some from the Reston Association (RA).
A. Design Standards and Related Resources
Before committing to any changes to the outside of your home or landscaping, read "Getting Started", check the Lakeport Cluster Standards (#1) and the RA Cluster Property Guidelines (#2), and submit an official application for Design Review Board approval (#3), if needed. Read the RA Design Review Overview (#4) for an overview of the Reston Design Review objectives. If modifying landscaping, consult landscape related guidelines (#5-#9).
- LCA standards for many housing elements
- Use RA guidelines if Lakeport Standard doesn't exist
- Application form to request DRB approval for changes
- Guidelines for removal and replacement of trees
- Guidelines on landscaping (mulch, retaining walls, plants, etc.)
- Trees that are recommended
- Problems plants not recommended
- Information about planting shrubs and trees
B. Lakeport Regulations
- Rules for cluster living and common areas
- Charges for assessments, fee, administrative charges
- Defines a member of the Association, Board of Directors, and the rights and responsibilities of each. Effective 2020.
- Elements on common property with schedule and costs for replacement
- Charter to establish Lakeport Cluster Association. Filed in 2007.
- Certificate for Lakeport Cluster Association, approved in August 2007.
- Referendum approved by owners on September 2019.