When selling your home, Virginia Law requires you obtain Reston Association Resale Disclosure documents for your property. Since your home is part of a cluster, you also need to order disclosure documents from the Lakeport cluster management company. Disclosure documents contain information regarding any design or maintenance violations that may have been observed during an RA exterior inspection of your property.
Virginia law requires that only the owner or his/her authorized agent may purchase and receive the resale disclosure documents. By law, Reston Association, has 14 days from the day payment is received to deliver the resale disclosure documents for your property. Fees for disclosure documents are set by the state of Virginia.
RA has a very helpful YouTube video outlining the resale process for Reston.
- Reston resale document process
- Reston Association partnered with WelcomeLink to provide an online vehicle to request Resale Disclosure documents. You will be asked to confirm the lot/unit address. You may pay for your order using credit card, debit card, or check.
- Click on this link to access WelcomeLink to place your order.
- Lakeport resale document process
- This document walks you through the steps to request the resale disclosure documents from the property management company.