Trash Pickup from American Disposal Service
- Trash - pickup on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Recycling (paper, plastic, cans, no glass) - pickup on Fridays
- Yard Debris - pickup on Thursdays.
- Grass clippings and leaves need to be put out by the curb on Thursdays in compostable yard waste bags (available from Safeway, Costco, Home Depot, and other suppliers) or in a personal container marked "Yard Debris".
- Limbs and brush must be no longer than 4-5 feet long and 3 inches in diameter.
- Concrete, rocks, sod and dirt are not accepted.
- The contractor provides a trash container and a recycling container to each residence. Please do not write or paint on the trashcans or recycling bins. One exception: ADS permits owners to label their containers with their house numbers as long as the label is not permanent. They suggested using stick-on house numbers like those used on mailboxes. Lost, stolen, or damaged trashcans are subject to a $75.00 fee. Lost, stolen or damaged recycling bins are subject to a $10.00 fee. All trash cans and recycling bins remain the property of American Disposal Services.
- Service is provided for household waste only. Construction and remodeling debris are not household waste. Paint, stain and gas containers are not accepted and are considered hazardous waste. Trash set out to the curb must be in leak-proof metal or plastic containers with tight-fitting lids. For periods of up to 12 hours, heavy-duty plastic bags securely closed at the top may be used. Special pick-ups can be made for larger items. Please call in advance for pricing and to schedule.
- American Disposal Services (703) 368-0500, https://americandisposal.com/products-services/residential-services/.
Glass Recycling from Ecoserv
After Fairfax County no longer accepted glass bottles and jars in curbside recycling, Lakeport contracted with Ecoserv for curbside pickup and drop off directly to the glass recycling center in Lorton. This eliminates the need for residents to take glass containers to purple recycle bins themselves or, if not recycling, to put glass in the regular trash for Monday and Thursday pickup.
- Glass Recycling – pickup on the first Wednesday of each month
- Put glass in a plastic bin (labeled “glass” if it is not blue) by the curb by 7:00 a.m. Cardboard boxes or plastic or paper bags cannot be used.
- For date confirmation, go to http://www.lakeportcluster.org/ and check the calendar under the photo of the Community of the Year banner on the left.
- Ecoserv: 703.434.9209; http://www.myecoservices.com/