(Editor’s Note: This appetizer was a big hit at the October 2019 TGIF!)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
12 1/8"-thick rounds peeled butternut squash (you can buy it pre-cut)
few tablespoons olive oil
1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
sage leaves (or arugula, which I used)
feta cheese (or your favorite goat cheese—I used Humboldt Fog goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375-400 degrees F.
- Place the squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Set squash aside.
- Prepare puff pastry according to package directions (pastry types may differ).
- Brush puff pastry with beaten egg and arrange squash on the pastry sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until brown on the edges (based on your oven it may be a few minutes more or less), adding cheese and sage/arugula after 10-15 minutes.