Boston Crème Casserole
2-3 packages graham crackers (a little less than one box)
2 medium containers Cool Whip, thawed
1 large package French Vanilla Instant pudding
2 cups milk
2 containers of dark chocolate icing
- Make the pudding with only two-thirds of the milk called for on the package (it says three, so use two).
- Before it sets up, fold in all the Cool Whip.
- Place a layer of Graham Crackers in the bottom of a casserole pan (I use a 13.5x9.5 disposable aluminum pan which should give you an idea of the quantity); the crackers don’t have to fit perfectly.
- Smooth one-half of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture over the crackers.
- Add another layer of crackers and then another layer of pudding mixture (now completely used).
- Add a final layer of crackers that more or less solidly cover the pudding mixture.
- Take off the tops of the icing containers and warm the icing in the microwave at low power until it is runny.
- Pour the two containers of icing over the top layer of crackers.
- Refrigerate at least four hours (overnight is fine). The longer the casserole sits in the refrigerator, the softer the crackers will be.