Please take time to thank your neighbors for their efforts to make Lakeport a better place for all of us to live. If you want to volunteer, let the Board or a committee chair know—it’s a great way to get to know people and contribute to your community.
- Melanie Clement and Gail Pitches – co-chairs of the Landscape Committee
- Melanie Clement, Gail Pitches, and Heidi Warrington – selecting and planting perennials at entrance to go with the shrubs and grasses planted by Meadows Farms; removing and cleaning river rocks buried at the entrance and next to the dock.
- Rosemary Welch and Barb Pavon – helping to plant the perennials.
- Marilyn Bursch – researching the storm-water runoff system between 11112-11122 Lakespray and 1944-1952 Lakeport and possible solutions for mud between 1952 and 1954 Lakeport Way.
- Steven Browning – helping to test water from downspouts at 11114-11120 Lakespray and 1948 and 1950 Lakeport
- Jeff Warrington – participating in visits from arborists to identify trees that need to be removed or trimmed
- Rich Shelton – cutting down 10 dead trees identified in visit from arborist
- Gil Blankespoor, Dave Fleming, Henryk Gorski, Phong Nguyen, and Melanie Clement – watering new plants.
- Jerry and Maria Beiter; Melanie Clement; John Fitzgerald; Don Nagley; Barb Pavon; Gail Pitches; Paul Renard; Mary and Stephen Sapp; Rich Shelton; Jen, Tim, Gregory, and Robert Taylor; Heidi and Jeff Warrington; and Rosemary Welch – participating in spring workday by collecting tree debris to be hauled away; transplanting shrubs, yuccas, and grasses; digging up and washing rocks next to the dock; and collecting rocks at the entrance. See photo collage below.
- Kelly Driscoll – chair of the Standards Committee
- Michelle Simoneau – chair of the Social Committee
- Carol Leos – welcoming new residents
- Paul Renard – sanding and painting Lakeport sign at entrance and metal railings next to RA path
- Stephen Sapp (with help from John Fitzgerald, Paul Renard, and Rich Shelton) – removal of bent “No Outlet” sign in median at entrance
- Annabelle Hammer and Paul Renard – keeping our dock clean
- Annabelle Hammer – restocking doggie-bag stations
- Barbara Khan – reporting on renovations for Lake Thoreau Pool and coordinating the Lakeport Book Club
- Chuck Foster – chairing the Neighborhood Watch Committee for four years
- James Pan – assuming the position of chair of Neighborhood Watch
- Tom Barnett – maintaining Lakeport’s online directory and listserv for announcements and posting Ripples
- Stephen Sapp – editing Ripples