A document shredding event for Hunter Mill District will be held on September 25 at North County Human Services, 11484 Washington Plaza West, Reston. This residential shredding event is open only to residents of Fairfax County and Clifton, Herndon, the Town of Vienna, and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church. It will feature four document shredding trucks, and shredding will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
The event will begin at 7:00 a.m. and end at 11:00 a.m., or when all trucks reach their capacity. All participants must be in line no later than 11:00 a.m. to ensure service.
- Residential material of a sensitive nature such as tax documents, financial records, and the like (old love letters? 🙂 ). Please recycle junk mail and magazines through your normal collection service.
- Up to four medium-sized packing boxes per vehicle.
- BINDERS of any type (3-ring, plastic, spiral, metal)
- Plastic document covers
- Wet or moist paper
- Hanging file folders with metal support bars
- Metal binder clips
- Electronic media including computer disks and diskettes or CDs
- Books, either hardback or paperback
- Credit cards
- Magazines, catalogues, and newspapers (unless just the page with the address)
- Film or photographs
Procedures for the Event:
Please Note: This is a drive-through event and residents will be asked to remain in their vehicles. For everyone’s safety, you will not be able to stand by and watch your paper being shredded.
- County staff remove boxes from cars and trucks and empty paper into rolling carts.
- Once full, the carts are taken to the shredding truck where they are emptied into a shredder.
- All documents are cross-cut shredded on-site, by a private contractor, on the day of the event.
- Following the event, all paper is delivered to a local recycling facility for processing.
- Written certification of shredding will not be provided.
For additional information, please call 703-324-5230, TTY 711, or go to https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/publicworks/recycling-trash/document-shredding.
Post a Comment