- Leaf removal: Genesis landscape service will be back for our second leaf removal on December 8.
- Holiday trash schedule: American Disposal Service will not be picking up trash on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Christmas trees will be collected on January 3 and January 10 (no decorations, tinsel, or plastic bags, please).
NOTE: Please do not dump your Christmas tree in the woods!
- Regular trash collection: If your trash or recycling is not picked up by 2:00 p.m. on a scheduled collection day, please call ADS at 703-388-0500 (also imprinted on the outside of your trash bin if you forget the number).
- Inspection letters: To maintain the standards and value of our community, our management company made an architectural inspection of all Lakeport homes to identify maintenance problems and violations of standards that need to be addressed, as specified in our cluster bylaws. Affected owners have received letters and should plan to correct the items noted or request an extension to make the corrections. Those not receiving letters have one more thing to be thankful for!
- Frozen pipes: Several Lakeport residents have had to deal with burst water pipes as a result of freezing temperatures. If you have pipes that are vulnerable, you should take steps to avoid having to address the problem of broken pipes and potentially costly damage and repairs. It is also a good idea to arrange with a neighbor to have access to each other’s homes in case one or the other of you is out of town when this (or some other emergency) arises.
- Quarterly assessments: From time to time some residents forget to pay their quarterly HOA assessment and have to pay an additional $25 late fee if the payment is not received by SCS within 30 days of the beginning of the quarter (i.e., by January 30, March 30, July 30, and October 30—note that SCS goes by the date they receive the payment, not when it is postmarked). One strategy that many residents have found helpful is to set up an automatic payment plan with their bank.
- Dog waste: If you see a dog walker who fails to pick up the dog’s waste, please remind the person that doggie bags are available at two stations on the walking path in Lakeport.
Post a Comment