- When approaching a walker from behind, a bicyclist should announce "passing on the left” (or “passing on the right” if the walker is on the left side of the path).
- Bicyclists and pedestrians should not occupy the center of the path. Two or more bicyclists and walkers should not occupy the entire trail. Stay to the right.
- Remain aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Don’t hesitate to kindly remind other walkers and bicyclists of these sensible practices.
- Be aware that those with hearing loss may not hear you when you call or approach them.
August 20, 2021, Reston News